Brand identity is one of the most important aspects of every company. Our attorneys have extensive experience in all areas of trademark and service mark protection and practice. Whether you are selecting a new mark, seeking to protect an existing trademark, or involved in trademark-related litigation, we can help.
Protecting Brands, Both New and Established
From startups that are still developing their brand strategies to Fortune 500 companies with hundreds of established trademarks, Klarquist assists clients in evaluating potential marks, in obtaining rights in marks on a national and international basis, and in licensing and enforcing rights in marks. Our professionals counsel clients in connection with the interplay between trademarks, unfair competition, and the Internet, including rights against cyber-squatters. Furthermore, our attorneys have wide-reaching relationships with trademark practitioners in countries throughout the world who assist the firm in filing and prosecuting international trademark applications.
When disputes occur, you can rest assured you are in good hands with Klarquist’s experienced trademark and litigation attorneys. We have substantial experience in handling trademark oppositions and concurrent use proceedings, trademark and unfair competition litigation in Federal court, trademark clearance searching, domain name issues, and other disputes involving trademarks and related brand management.
Below is a list of just some of our services we provide in our trademark practice:
Registration Services and Mark-Adoption Counseling
- Advisement on the adoption of trademarks and service marks
- Trademark availability searches and related client counseling
- Registration services, including filing, prosecuting, and obtaining state, federal, and international trademark and service mark registrations
Opposition and TTAB Proceedings, Litigation, and Licensing Services
- Trademark oppositions, cancellations, and appeals at all levels of the appellate process
- Counseling and enforcement relating to online uses of trademarks and other IP, including disputes involving the use of marks in social media and domain names.
- Litigation in federal and state courts involving trademark, trade dress, false advertising, and unfair completion litigation.
- Advice and negotiation assistance in connection with trademark and other IP licensing.
For more information about Klarquist’s Trademark Services, please contact one of the attorneys identified above under Contacts or explore the biographies of the Team Members in this practice group.