Caroline is an Associate whose practice covers a range of intellectual property law issues, with a focus on patent litigation.
Before beginning a career in law, Caroline worked for 14 years as a marketing professional advising national and global brands on advertising media strategies and emerging media solutions. Through this experience, Caroline cultivated a familiarity with a range of industries including technology, consumer packaged goods, outdoor sportswear, entertainment, automobile and financial brands. Her passion for problem solving and love of brands ultimately drove Caroline to pursue a career in intellectual property law to help individuals and companies protect the fruits of their labor and innovative thinking.
As an Associate, Caroline is committed to working in partnership with clients to resolve disputes and to develop strategic solutions that address immediate and long-term goals.
Caroline joined Klarquist in 2020.
- J.D., Lewis & Clark Law School, magna cum laude, 2020
- B.S., Advertising, University of Texas at Austin, with Honors, 2006
- Texas, 2021
- Oregon, 2020
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Software & Internet Technology
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable U.S. Magistrate Judge Youlee Y. You U.S. District Court | Spring 2020 | Portland, OR
- Summer Intern | Immix Law Group | 2019 | Portland, OR
- Summer Research Assistant to Professor Anne Villella | Lewis & Clark Law School | 2017 | Portland, OR
- Director, Media Strategy | North, Inc. | 2014-2020 | Portland, OR
- Media Supervisor | Ignited, L.L.C. | 2011-2014 | Los Angeles, CA
- Senior Digital Media Planner | Initiative+ | 2010-2011 | Los Angeles, CA
- Integrated Media Planner | Butler, Shine, Stern & Partners, L.L.C. | 2007-2010 | Sausalito, CA
- Interactive Media Planner | GSD&M | 2006-2007 | Austin, TX
Honors & Awards
- Lewis and Clark Law Review, 2017-2019
- 1L Moot Court “Best Oral Advocate”
- Neva Elliot Scholarship Recipient
- Jack L. Kennedy Scholarship Recipient
- Candise Duboff-Jones Memorial Scholarship Recipient
- Trilliam Grant Recipient
Presentations & Publications
- Caroline Desmond, The Transformative Potential of Digital Media & Technology on Class Actions, 23 Lewis & Clark L. Rev. 747 (2019)