Caroline is a Staff Attorney whose practice covers a range of intellectual property law issues, with a focus on patent litigation.
Before beginning a career in law, Caroline worked for 14 years as a marketing professional advising national and global brands on advertising media strategies and emerging media solutions. Through this experience, Caroline cultivated a familiarity with a range of industries including technology, consumer packaged goods, outdoor sportswear, entertainment, automobile and financial brands. Her passion for problem solving and love of brands ultimately drove Caroline to pursue a career in intellectual property law to help individuals and companies protect the fruits of their labor and innovative thinking.
As a Staff Attorney, Caroline is committed to working in partnership with clients to resolve disputes and to develop strategic solutions that address immediate and long-term goals.
- J.D., Lewis & Clark Law School, magna cum laude, 2020
- awaiting bar exam results for Oregon, expected Sept. 25th
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable U.S. Magistrate Judge Youlee Y. You U.S. District Court | Spring 2020 | Portland, OR
- Summer Intern | Immix Law Group | 2019 | Portland, OR
- Summer Research Assistant to Professor Anne Villella | Lewis & Clark Law School | 2017 | Portland, OR
- Director, Media Strategy | North, Inc. | 2014-2020 | Portland, OR
- Media Supervisor | Ignited, L.L.C. | 2011-2014 | Los Angeles, CA
- Senior Digital Media Planner | Initiative+ | 2010-2011 | Los Angeles, CA
- Integrated Media Planner | Butler, Shine, Stern & Partners, L.L.C. | 2007-2010 | Sausalito, CA
- Interactive Media Planner | GSD&M | 2006-2007 | Austin, TX
Honors & Awards
- Lewis and Clark Law Review, 2017-2019
- 1L Moot Court “Best Oral Advocate”
- Neva Elliot Scholarship Recipient
- Jack L. Kennedy Scholarship Recipient
- Candise Duboff-Jones Memorial Scholarship Recipient
- Trilliam Grant Recipient
Presentations & Publications
- Caroline Desmond, The Transformative Potential of Digital Media & Technology on Class Actions, 23 Lewis & Clark L. Rev. 747 (2019)