Roy’s practice focuses on all aspects of intellectual property law, with an emphasis on patent litigation and post-grant challenges before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB).
Roy has litigated cases in the fields of life sciences, medical devices, chemicals, consumer products, and software/internet technology. He has represented numerous industry-leading companies in IP disputes in jurisdictions across the country and has appeared extensively in the District of Delaware and the District of New Jersey. His expertise spans a wide range of technologies, with substantial experience in the pharmaceutical and semiconductor industries.
Roy joined Klarquist as a Senior Associate in 2019.
- J.D. with Honors, Chicago-Kent College of Law (Illinois Institute of Technology), 2008
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1999
- Oregon, 2020
- Illinois, 2008
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, 2018 (Accred. No. 43,823)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2013 (Reg. No. 61,735)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2009
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin, 2009
Electrical & Semiconductors
Green Technology & Renewable Energy
Life Sciences & Biotechnology
Medical Devices & Diagnostics
Physics & Optics
Software & Internet Technology
- Green, Griffith & Borg-Breen LLP | Litigation Associate, 2016 – 2019 | Chicago, IL
- Rakoczy, Molino, Mazzochi, Siwik LLP | Litigation Associate, 2009 – 2016 | Chicago, IL
- DLA Piper US LLP | Associate, 2008 – 2009, Summer Associate, 2008 | Chicago, IL
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois | Judicial Extern for Chief Judge Rebecca J. Pallmeyer, 2007 | Chicago, IL
- Air Liquide, Inc. | Research Engineer, Electronics Division, 2000 – 2006 | Countryside, IL
- Tomoegawa (USA) Inc. | Research Engineer, 1999-2000 | Wheeling, IL
- Member, Oregon Patent Law Association
Honors & Awards
- 2016–2019, Leading Lawyers Network “Emerging Lawyer” for Intellectual Property Law
- 2006, Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction (CALI) Excellence for the Future Award for Highest Scoring Student – Patent Office Practice
- Roy Chamcharas, Who’s the Boss? Seventh Circuit Limits Executive Branch, 2 Seventh Circuit Rev. 146 (2006).
- Tiwari, M.; Megaridis, C.; Majumder, P.; Takoudis, C.; Belot, J.; Xu, M.; McAndrew, J.; Chamcharas, R. “Metal Line Interconnects Produced by Means of Printable Copper Precursor Solutions.” ASME 2006 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, Chicago, Illinois, 2006.
- Brief of Amicus Curiae, Generic Pharmaceutical Association in support of Appellees, In re: Lipitor Antitrust Litigation, August 21, 2017