PRACTICE AREA OVERVIEW
Dr. Scott prepares and prosecutes U.S., foreign, and international patent applications. He also advises clients about patentability, inventorship, freedom-to-operate, and strategic product development.
Dr. Scott’s practice emphasis is in biotechnology, including applications relating to biochemistry, molecular genetics, virology, immunology, neurobiology, pharmaceuticals, cellular imaging, and bioinformatics.
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Vollum Institute, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR
Graduate Student | 1999 – 2006
Laboratory Technician | 1997 – 1999
Responsible for design and completion of original biomedical research concerning subcellular localization and phosphorylation of proteins in the endosomal system.
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Scott G.K., H. Fei, L. Thomas, G.R. Megideshi, G. Thomas, A PACS-1, GGA3 and CK2 complex regulates CI-MPR trafficking, EMBO J., 25(19):4423-35, 2006.
- Feliciangeli S.F., L. Thomas, G.K. Scott, E. Subbian, C.H. Hung, S.S. Molloy, F. Jean, U. Shinde and G. Thomas, Identification of a pH sensor in the furin propeptide that regulates enzyme activation, J. Biol. Chem., 281(23):16108-16, 2006.
- Grose, C., M. Maresova, G.R. Medigeshi, G.K. Scott, and G. Thomas, (2006) Endocytosis of Varicella-Zoster Virus Glycoprotein: Viron envelopment and egress. In Alpha Herpesviruses: Molecular and cellular Biology, R.M. Sandri-Goldin (ed), pp.178-195, Hethersett: Caister Academic Press.
- Scott G.K., F. Gu, C.M. Crump, L. Thomas, L. Wan, Y. Xiang, G. Thomas. The phosphorylation state of an autoregulatory domain controls PACS-1-directed protein traffic, EMBO J., 22(23):6234-44, 2003.
- Colledge M., R.A. Dean, G.K. Scott, L.K. Langeberg, R.L. Huganir, J.D. Scott, Targeting of PKA to glutamate receptors through a MAGUK-AKAP complex, Neuron, 27(1):107-19, 2000.
- Trotter K.W., I.D. Fraser, G.K. Scott, M.J. Stutts, J.D. Scott, S.L. Milgram, Alternative splicing regulates the subcellular localization of A-kinase anchoring protein 18 isoforms, J. Cell Biol., 147(7):1481-92, 1999.