Rich practices all phases of U.S. and international patent and trademark law.
Rich’s practice focuses on technologies relating to pharmaceuticals, food chemistry, water purification, paper making, semiconductor materials, and biotechnology, including molecular biology, biochemistry, and immunology.
Rich joined Klarquist in 1975 as an associate and became partner in 1981.
- J.D., Willamette University College of Law, 1975
- B.A., Chemistry, Willamette University, 1971
- Oregon, 1975
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1976 (Reg. No. 28,107)
Life Sciences & Biotechnology
Agriculture & Food Science
Electrical & Semiconductors
Weyerhaeuser Company, Patent and Licensing Division of Law Department
Consultant on patent matters related to pulp and paper chemistry and heat resistant ceramic materials, 1974 – 1975
- Past President, Oregon Patent Law Association
- Past Chairman, Oregon State Bar Patent and Trademark Section
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
Honors & Awards
- AV® Preeminent™ Martindale-Hubbell, Intellectual Property, established in 2004
- 2016-2017 World Trademark Review 1000: The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals
Presentations & Publications
- Polley, R.J. (2011), contributing author. State Trademark and Unfair Competition Law. New York, NY: International Trademark Association
- Polley, R.J. (2002, 2008). “Patent Law Essentials.” Advising Oregon Businesses. Lake Oswego, OR: Oregon State Bar Association