Supreme Court Will Not Review Five Federal Circuit Decisions on Section 101 Patent Eligibility
The U.S. Supreme Court today denied five petitions for certiorari asking the Court to again revisit the issue of patent eligibility under 35 U.S.C. § 101. One petition sought review of the win by Klarquist client, Operation Technology, Inc. dba ETAP, invalidating 138 claims in four patents for invalidity under section 101. See Klarquist News posting (Jan. 15, 2019).
- Power Analytics Corporation v. Operation Technology, Inc., No. 19-43
- HP Inc., fka Hewlett-Packard Company v. Steven E. Berkheimer, No. 18-415
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals USA Inc., et al. v. Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc., No. 18-817
- Garmin USA, Inc., et al. v. Cellspin Soft, Inc., No. 19-400
- Athena Diagnostics, Inc. v. Mayo Collaborative Services, LLC, No. 19-430