We are currently seeking an experienced Controller to lead our accounting team.
The successful candidate will engage in management and department leadership, identify key opportunities for improved efficiencies, and solve problems proactively. Skills in communication, forming effective working relationships, and project management are essential.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to: management and oversight of day-to-day accounting operations, cash management, financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, profitability and trend analysis, variance reporting, tax reporting, 401(k) plan administration, billing rate administration and systems administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration and CPA strongly preferred
- 7+ years of progressive responsibilities in accounting, including 2+ years people management, preferably working within a professional services organization
- Familiarity with flow-through entity (partnership) tax structure and concepts
- Experience with accrual, cash and tax-basis methods of accounting
- Hands-on experience managing accounting and billing systems
- Experience with foreign currency transactions
- Experience with budget administration
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
We are proud of our ability to attract and retain such a talented group of legal and administrative staff. Employees at Klarquist have the skill, curiosity, and dedication which are fundamental to the firm’s success and reputation, as well as the service we provide to our clients. Klarquist is committed to providing a collaborative and engaging work environment, competitive compensation, and continued opportunities for professional development.
Here are a few more benefits that make Klarquist stand out from the rest:
- 401(k) Retirement Plan and profit sharing
- Staff sabbatical
- Comprehensive health care plan, which includes medical, dental and vision coverage
- Long and short-term disability coverage
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Pre-tax transit and flexible spending accounts
- Family/dependent care leave stipend