PRACTICE AREA OVERVIEW
Mr. Polley practices all phases of U.S. and international patent and trademark law.
Mr. Polley’s practice focuses on technologies relating to pharmaceuticals, food chemistry, water purification, paper making, semiconductor materials, and biotechnology; including molecular biology, biochemistry, and immunology.
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Weyerhaeuser Company, Patent and Licensing Division of Law Department. Consultant on patent matters related to pulp and paper chemistry and heat resistant ceramic materials, 1974 – 1975.
- Past President, Oregon Patent Law Association
- Past Chairman, Oregon State Bar Patent and Trademark Section
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Polley, R.J. (2011), contributing author. State Trademark and Unfair Competition Law. New York, NY: International Trademark Association
- Polley, R.J. (2002, 2008). “Patent Law Essentials.” Advising Oregon Businesses. Lake Oswego, OR: Oregon State Bar Association