Diversity Fellowship for Law Students
Klarquist is a mid-size law firm focusing exclusively on intellectual property law and dedicated to the diversity of our firm and to the local community. In an effort to encourage diversity within Klarquist, we are pleased to offer a fellowship to a law student of diverse background (this may include gender, race, ethnicity, culture, religion, sexual orientation, and disability). The law student selected for this fellowship will receive a paid position as a summer associate and tuition reimbursement for the fall semester following that summer (up to $7,500).
The Klarquist Diversity Fellow will be selected on the following criteria:
- The individual must be a first- or second-year law student in good standing at an ABA-Approved law school.
- The individual preferably should have an undergraduate or graduate degree in science or engineering, or experience sufficient to sit for the patent bar. (Additionally, candidates interested in our biotechnology practice group must have a Ph.D.)
- The individual must demonstrate a record of academic achievement, contribute meaningfully to the diversity of the legal community, and preferred but not required, a commitment to practicing law in Portland, Oregon.
- The individual must demonstrate an interest in practicing intellectual property law.
How to apply:
** We are no longer selecting applications for the Summer/Fall 2018 Diversity Fellowship.
To fill out an application for the Diversity Fellowship Program, please click on the “Open Positions” link below.
You will be asked to submit the following materials while filling out your application:
- Cover letter
- One-page personal statement addressing selection criteria
- Current resume
- Undergraduate and law school transcripts
- Three professional references
- Legal writing sample
Want to learn more?
Our careers brochure provides additional information about the firm and why Klarquist could be the place for you.