1L Diversity Fellowship
Klarquist is a mid-size law firm focusing exclusively on intellectual property law and dedicated to the diversity of our firm and to the local community. In an effort to encourage diversity within Klarquist, we are pleased to offer a fellowship to first-year law students of diverse backgrounds (this may include gender, race, ethnicity, culture, religion, sexual orientation, and disability). The student selected for this fellowship will receive a paid position as a summer associate during the summer following the completion of his or her first year of law school and tuition reimbursement up to $7,500 for his or her 2nd year of law school. Fellows may be asked to return for a second summer with Klarquist.
The Klarquist 1L Diversity Fellow will be selected on the following criteria:
- The individual must be a first year law student in good standing at an ABA-Approved law school.
- The individual preferably should have an undergraduate or graduate degree in science or engineering, or experience sufficient to sit for the patent bar. (Additionally, candidates interested in our biotechnology practice group must have a Ph.D.)
- The individual must demonstrate a record of academic achievement, contribute meaningfully to the diversity of the legal community, and preferred but not required, a commitment to practicing law in Portland, Oregon.
- The individual must demonstrate an interest in practicing intellectual property law.
How to apply:
**We are not currently accepting applications for our 1L Diversity Fellowship Program.
To fill out an application for the 1L Diversity Fellowship Program, please click on the “Open Positions” link below.
You will be asked to submit the following materials while filling out your application:
- Cover letter
- One-page personal statement addressing selection criteria
- Current resume
- Undergraduate and law school transcripts
- Three professional references
- Legal writing sample
Want to learn more?
Our careers brochure provides additional information about the firm and why Klarquist could be the place for you.
There are currently no openings available. Please contact Human Resources at HR@klarquist.com with general inquiries.